Wednesday 9 January 2013

Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013!




Hello again! I’m back after a one-month drought from blogging (my apologies!)…and I’m recharged and ready to go again!

First of all, Happy New Year!!! (and a belated Merry Christmas!)

I’m gonna dive right in and dare to ask the question, what did you learn from 2012? It actually hurts my head when people ask me that question. BUT, having said that, I do believe that it’s a very important question that deserves some quality time. So for what it’s worth I thought I’d start off the year by sharing with you some of my favorite quotes, lessons, and thoughts from 2012.

#1. Let it go. 

Easier said than done, I know...but a lot of the time when we're upset, angry, blah blah blah, it's usually the ego doing a really good job of holding onto stuff that we simply need to just let go of. 

#2. Listen to your gut (even if your head can’t make sense of it!).

#3. Ask yourself “What makes me feel alive”… and then go do it!


#4. Anything is possible, absolutely anything. 

And my favourite quote from the year...

"You must make the decision to live for the pure joy of it."

As for my goals for 2013? I totally stole this from my very best friend Rebecca (who happens to have an awesome blog, It's a Savoury Life), but I think we can all benefit from the goal in 2013 to just “Do Better”. Think about all the opportunities this can be applied to in your life? by simply saying to yourself…do better.

I think it’s pure genius! It gives me the energy to push myself that little bit further, get off my lazy ass and get out and do the things I love and stop making excuses. It reminds me to be extra kind to those around me, and to simply just “do better”.

Last but not least, I leave you with a good ol’ quote from Conan O’Brien: 


Next blog post, updates on the house progress! Yeowww! 


Bye for Now,

Emily Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment