Saturday 8 September 2012

Desperately Holding onto Summer, Project.

For those of you who know me well, you know that I strongly dislike fall. Yes, I know you get to wear scarfs again, and wear comfy clothes, and go for nice walks and look at the beautiful leaves changing - I'm not convinced. Fall means to me that summer has come and gone again, and it will be another year until it's back. And I love summer.

So, whilst in the fall blues on this sunny Saturday, I decided to do one last 'desperately holding onto summer' project. Now this one is SUPER easy, and takes about...ohhh thirty seconds to complete. All you need is one old rake head and one nail. By now, you may have worn out all your summer tools so this may be just the project for you.

My parents happened to have a rake that had fallen off the handle, so instead of throwing it out, I decided to use it as a cute country way to organize and display garden tools.

Check it out...


Now if you really want to snazz it up a bit, you can always clean the rake  and maybe put a coat of spray paint on it, but hey I was too lazy for that and also quite liked the rustic look of the worn rake head.



If you can remember this one for next summer, I stumbled upon this really neat idea for planting lettuce that I thought I'd throw out there...also a great way to make use of old garden tools.


That's it for me today! Back to my fall blues...I know I know, I seriously just have to suck it up!

Bye for now,

Emily Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment