Sunday 6 May 2012

Crochet for the Home.

For those do-it-yourself folks out there, crocheting is a great addition to the DIY tool belt. I started crocheting about six months ago and since then I've been hooked!

It's a very unique and beautiful way to add style to your home, and it doesn't have to look like it came straight from your Grandmother's house. It can adapt to many different decor styles...

crochet pillow, doily lamp, crochet blanket, crochet dishcloths
Tutorials & Patterns: Pillow, blanket, doily shade, dishcloths (pattern coming soon)

I mean seriously, look at this stuff! It's amazing!

The mama of all crochet projects is this gorrrrgeous rug. Just imagine, people coming into your home asking "Where did you get that beautiful rug from?" and responding, "I made it!". This project is definitely on my crochet bucket list. 

Alpaca Rug tutorial.


Don’t have a clue how to crochet? No worries! There are a ton of really great YouTube videos that can help teach you. Crochet Geek and All Free Crochet are a great start. While you're at it, sign up at ravelry.com to avail of the free patterns and great resources they offer. All you need is a little bit of patience in the beginning (I almost broke down crying during my first lesson, my bad!), but after that it should be smooth sailing! 

Next on my DIY to-do-list are these cute crochet coasters. I'll keep you posted on how that goes...



Go on, get out there and start crocheting!


Bye for now,

Emily Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment